Monday, May 3, 2010

Movies

Movies are fun. I think I have gone to at least fifty movies in theaters over the past four years and I doubt that I would trade them (with the exception of a couple). I would like to publicly thank anyone and everyone who has gone to a movie with me. In particular Jeff and Ruben, I love you guys and watching movies together has been such a positive, important part of my maturation over the past four years.

Film is a very unique medium of communication. It is highly relational which appeals to my po-mo nature. You interact with characters much like you interact with people in everyday life; through sight and sound together. I like this especially because I think it is here that Truth is given real feet. It is one thing to read about the principles that are a part of following Jesus, it is something completely different to watch and learn from someone else living out their ideals in fictional contexts. Thank you film!

No comments:

Post a Comment