Monday, March 8, 2010

Why blog?

This is a tough question. To know that someone might refer to me one day as a "blogger" gives an eerie picture of the future me sitting at the computer feverishly writing conspiracy theories with a bowl of Cheetos puffs teetering precariously on the plateau of my shirtless stomach.

Is this an inevitability?
(Not if I ever want to go on a date again)

What is a post? A public statement written at a convenient time in a convenient place in a non-personal medium for voluntary readers in similar convenient situations. Those readers can respond, the writer can take suggestions, and the world can see dialogue.

I wonder, if early church heretics could have blogged early in their Christian development, could they have been steered aright?

This heretic is hoping for as much.

1 comment:

  1. Oh if only one talented in photoshop, with too much time on their hands, could render an image worthy of the one painted by your words... ah cheetos, neck fat, and filth... I wonder what the caption would say...

    ReplyDelete